Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sometimes It's Hard to Tell Until You Accidentally Put Your Finger In It



With the introduction of cereal into Henry's diet, gone are the days of his predictable digestive system. Gone too, is the not so smelly outcome of a breastmilk and more breastmilk diet.

Since he is not yet what one would call a solid sleeper at night, we need to be on top of any obstacle that would contribute to us losing our minds from sleep deprivation. A dirty diaper would most certainly not help our cause. I will get to the point here.

Henry is stinky.

I mean, knock you off your feet we are considering keeping him strictly on breastmilk for the rest of his life, stinky. When I look at him, there is a huge disconnect between what I am smelling and what I am seeing BECAUSE HE IS SO FREAKING CUTE! It took me a long time before I accepted the fact it was coming from my sweet baby and not his father.

Most of the time, we look and can easily tell that his diaper is soil-free. At night however, the "poop or toot?" challenge is even tougher because we are limited to the glow of the baby monitor which precludes much of a visual confirmation. A finger probe is often required and whether or not you return to bed without saying "gag me with a smurf" and having to scrub your hands is a crapshoot.

Literally.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, could you try it with a spoon, or a pretzel, or a popsicle stick, or a rectal thermometer, or a q-tip?

-Poppie J

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

ah, yes...the stealth finger,i've been there...it's a lot worse when they're 18 months old

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you saying? My baby don't stink!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

Just wait until he starts eating those Gerber toddler meals with turkey and green beans. Or Carribbean Cowpeas with Rice. Or cherries.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home