Monday, April 09, 2007

OH, THE ONENESS OF IT ALL

As of 17 days, 3 hours and four minutes ago, you are one year old. Your dad and I often look back at you in your fancy new forward facing car seat in disbelief that we have a baby. Still.


You make us laugh all of the time. Intentionally when you make your goofy faces and unintentionally when you stick your tongue out while army crawling. You thankfully have let up on your screaming and have instead started talking more. Mama, da da, bird, woof woof, bottle, up. Today I got you to say Georgia (Doh-jah).

You seem to have no fear. You terrorize us, and Deuce, by running full speed into our legs with your walker. You happily go to anyone, and do not get upset if we are not in your view. You gravitate to anything cord-like or light socket-ish.

Books! You can't get enough. You turn the pages and can pick out your favorites when we say the titles. You have the craziest belly laugh (see video). And you like laughing. My favorite new thing you do is when I am holding you and talking to someone else, you sometimes grab my face with both hands and turn it towards your face and pull in for a kiss. I promise I will never stop you from interrupting a conversation that way.


In the long standing Althoff/Wynn family tradition of fun, homemade birthday cakes, I made you one for your day. Amy G. helped w/ the icing:


I love seeing you become such a happy, well-adjusted child in spite of my freakish attention to everything you.

Happy belated blog to you.

Love,

Momma

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on Henry's cake Kelsey. Very creative and it really looks like Elmo.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home