Monday, June 19, 2006

The 6 Minute, 14 Second Honoring of the Father

Yesterday, Greg got to spend two minutes eating his special Father's Day Pancakes I made him. The secret ingredient: love, of course. And nutmeg. Then he spent 4 minutes and 14 seconds enjoying his book that we got him.


It turned out to not be as hilarious as I had imagined (I had no time for a pre-read before purchase), but he liked it anyway.

Then he got to mow and work in the yard all day while I babysat a bipolar baby.

It was almost as exciting as our anniversary celebration two weeks ago. Wait. I think it was exactly as exciting because we did the same thing, but substitute the pancakes for a bite of frostbitten year old wedding cake that had nothing between it and the surrounding frigid air but a flimsy cardboard box. mmm...

Happy Father's Day!
Happy Anniversary! (you know you love me)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, I love the stones behind the tree. Good job. That is going to look so nice when you get the hostas planted there. Glad that you had a nice Fathers Day.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three cheers for Greg on his first father's day! Sounds delightful.

At least you got a bite of your wedding cake. My mother-in-law threw ours out.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home