Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dinner


Yeah, yeah, yeah, doc says Henry should be drinking from a sippy cup. I say he's got the rest of his life to do so, so what's the rush? We'll get around to that one...

Henry adores yogurt. If he sees it, he freaks out.

He hates vegetables. Whenever I try to give him vegetables, he sprays them all over me in a fine mist.

So, I've taken to scooping from the vegetable bowl, then pretending to scoop from his yogurt cup, thereby tricking him into thinking he's getting a spoonful of yogurt.

He immediately makes a face very similar to the one I make when drinking tequila, but doesn't go so far as to spit out the vegetables. Tonight, I managed to get him to eat half a jar of peas.

Part of me feels bad about being deceptive with my son. Unfortunately for him, a much much larger part of me feels completely fine, so long as he eats his vegetables.

Greg - 1
Henry - 0

I win.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Henry has the sweetest eyes. I LOVE this pic of him.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to do the same thing with Marc to get him to eat vegetables. Cheers to Henry!

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just an adorable picture. If the end result is getting veggies in then you are doing a fine job no matter how you do it. I seem to remember someone who didn't really care too much for his veggies either, and in my opinion he turned out just fine.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so adorable!!! How can you guys sleep knowing there is someone soooo darned cute in the house?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home