Friday, June 29, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

Kelsey and I have decided to move to Boulder, Colorado. I got a great job offer there that I couldn't turn down. I'm really excited about the prospects there, and I think it will be a great opportunity for not only me, but for us.

Obviously, neither one of us is crazy about leaving Austin. This is where we want to be, but it just didn't seem to work out that way for now.

It's not Austin that we'll miss, specifically. It's all of our great friends that we've been blessed to meet and know since moving here six years ago.

I never set out to leave. I wanted to find an opportunity that was not only good for me, but for my wife, and most most importantly, that little kid of mine, Henry. I want to put him in the best position possible in life (without spoiling him), and to do that, I have to grow in my career and accept positive change. The right opportunity just happened to take us to Colorado.

I'm sure we'll have more to say later, but that's the gist of it for now. Very bittersweet times for us.

Note: I am NOT going to start listening to John Denver. He's great and all, but sitting on top of a mountain at sunrise, listening to "Sunshine on my Shouders" is not in the plan. Drinking beer, eating BBQ and listening to "Wanted: the Outlaws" six times in a row still is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Althoff said...

Look at it this way. In a short time, you should have TWO sets of friends, all bound to this ultra-cute web blog.

8:00 PM  
Blogger djempirical said...

umm, you mean *three*. there's a cinci contingent too, ya know.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

At the risk of being uber dorky, I'm going to admit that i like John Denver. I do not like that you are moving. Not one bit.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home