Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Bye, Amy!"


We took our beloved to the airport on Saturday. We got two whole weeks with her here in Boulder, which truly eased the transition for me. And for Henry too. She took care of him in the time we had between our arrival here and the start of his new school (oh yeah, did I mention he got into the most awesome, kind-of-place-we-always-hoped-for, child development center?). Not only did Henry finally say her name last week, he also incorporated it into his VERY FIRST SENTENCE, "Hi, Amy!"

Amy was the only friend I had in Boulder. Until she went back home to Austin. We can not believe our fortune to have had her take care of Henry over this past year. She is kind and patient and funny. She loves Henry almost as much as we do, and he adores her. I will be the first to say that I know she had a huge hand in Henry being the well-adjusted baby genius that he is.

We love and miss you already, girl. ThankyouThankyouThankyou for everything (and thanks also to Craig for letting us have you these past two weeks).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second everything that Kelsey said. Amy you were just wonderful to our dear grandson and I am so glad that I got to meet you. We are all so very blessed, and a big thanks to you for all you have done.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm your friend and I live in Boulder...

11:16 PM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

Baby of course! You are my man friend.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home