Sunday, September 21, 2008

Update: No Baby, No Pneumonia


Instead of getting induced Friday morning, we found ourselves in the imaging lab at Henry's doctor's office getting a chest x-ray to rule out a suspected case of pneumonia. We had been up all night with him and he would not let anyone but me comfort and medicate, so at 3:00AM, we all decided that I would not be rested or sane enough to push out this baby. And I knew I would be too worried about Henry to be able to enjoy the experience. My doctor agreed and rescheduled my induction for Monday.

After a day and a half of breathing treatments and antibiotics, he is doing better. The most disheartening part was the doctor's instructions for Henry's involvement (or lack thereof) with the baby's arrival. Obviously we don't want to get a newborn sick, but all I was thinking about was the build up we have created for Henry for his trip to the hospital to meet his brother. Here is what he is most excited about in order of importance based on our conversations and his observations during the hospital tour:

The elevator ride up to the maternity unit
Bringing a birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday
Playing in the toy room in the waiting area

There is also the occasional mention of seeing Milo as well.

His doctor said that he should be well enough to go to the hospital if I have him on Monday. We will probably have to keep them separated and be overly obsessive about hand washing. It is not the dream introduction I had pictured for them, but not much is going how I thought it would. I have made an ass out of u and me. This offically has become the longest pre-labor in the history of laboring. I did not think it was possible to have on and off painful contractions for OVER A WEEK and no baby. I mean come on, I have been down this road before. I would understand if this was my first pregnancy. According to my Swedish brother-in-law, this one should be shooting out of me like a greased pig. I have been timing some pretty harsh contractions for the past hour, so tonight might be it. That is only the fifth time I have made that statement.

If I don't have him tonight, y'all, he's coming tomorrow for sure. Hopefully like a greased pig.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

wow. Good luck today, glad to hear Henry won't actually be in the hospital when Milo is born.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home