Friday, June 23, 2006

Diagnosis: Bad Attitude

Here's H-Dub looking quite pathetic after one of his marathon crying/fussy sessions;

These sessions seem to be more frequent and lasting longer of late. So much for the "He'll get better at three months." theory.The kid does not like to go to sleep. He is a good sleeper, but getting there is the problem. He was screaming and crying so much on Monday and Tuesday, I was convinced that he had an ear infection, or had somehow swallowed a handful of razorblades. He woke up on Wednesday and was hoarse from all of the carrying on. I took him to the Dr. to hopefully get him (and me) some relief.He of course screamed the entire way to the office (during which I called my mom and begged her to come down and help us this weekend). After declaring him to be perfectly healthy, the Dr. thought his gums could be bothering him and suggested we try giving him something for that. "But Dr.Patil, you don't understand. It seems he is never really content. We are constantly trying to appease and entertain him. It is getting increasingly difficult to manage these spells. Though music often works, he is not easily impressed .I really want him to grow up to be a happy child, blah blah blah..." I was rambling on and had not noticed the Dr. laughing at me. "He looks ok to me!", she said. I looked down and this is the face I saw;

Way to get my back, Henry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Momma Jen said...

Too cute! Only in books do babies sleep well. I was told wait until 3 months and then I was told wait until 4 months. I am still waiting...

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home