Saturday, March 18, 2006

Contractions (Updated)

I'm not talking about baseball getting rid of a few teams.

At about 3AM this morning, Kelsey began to complain about cramps. As the day has progressed, her cramps have gotten a little more regular, but not terribly unbearable. Case in point: she is out shopping as I type!

Some think those aren't cramps, they're contractions. I think something is beginning to happen here...

Update:
Well, apparently those "contractions" weren't contractions. After a few hours of cramping that never really went anywhere, we pretty much figured out that Kelsey wasn't in labor. Which is too bad, because we were rather excited about the idea of Henry being born...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is very hard for a male to understand (or a male to even write about).

I know what cramps feel like. I don't know what a contraction feels like.

However, based on hearsay, I could tell if I ever had a contraction, or a baby.

Can't you just get a meat thermometer and see if he's done? :-)

--JLA

11:13 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Early contractions aren't very intense, and increase in severity as labor progresses. So it's difficult to tell if they're really contractions.

Especially if you haven't had a baby before.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home